11.01.2006

The Bands that Rock it on my Headphones

Here are three important updates on the music.

First, I mentioned a while back the existence of American Astronaut, probably the best movie ever made. The band that made it, The Billy Nayer Show, is among the better bands
ever made. Right now I'm rocking out to the soundtrack to American Astronaut and their latest album, Rabbit, which is about sex.

Next, I'd like to mention Ladytron. Their second-to-latest album, "Lights and Magic," was a disappointing mix of amazingly good songs and really lousy songs. Their latest one, "The Witching Hour," in stark contrast, rocks all night long.

Finally, everyone has already freaked out about Gogol Bordello, and I won't belabor the point, but I would like to share an observation I had courtesy of my iPod Shuffle: Gogol Bordello is better than The Pogues. It's true. I was walking home, a Gogol Bordello song came on (off of "Multi Kontro Kulti vs. Irony," I believe), then a Pogues song came on, and it was just a hands-down win for the former. I almost felt bad for The Pogues.

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

HA! I knew that the Ransom would comment!

I submit my argument as a purely subjective impression. A song comes on, it's good, another song comes on, it's better. In terms of the relationship between the bands, "drunken foreigners with accordions" was really the connection. And I do think there's something substantially parallel between them, maybe the same frenetic energy.

All in fun! :]

Kungfukitten said...

Speaking of rabbits, I saw this video and thought of you and Pesto.