11.16.2006

Ice Cold

It is literally impossible to dislike Andre "Ice Cold" 3000. He has the coolest clothes in the world and he shimmies and shakes with the best of them. And there are a number of compelling arguments available that "Hey Ya" is the best pop song of the 21st Century so far.

I bring this up because my homie Jeff turned 33 yesterday and the Brain Trust went out to karaoke to celebrate. Jeff's religion forbids moderation (he's kind of like Rasputin) so within about 40 minutes the bar was out of spirits and almost out of mixers. Then he sang "Hey Ya." My favorite part was when he exhorted the sedentary middle-aged crowd: "all Beyonces and Lucy Lius, get on the floor. You know what to do. You know what to do."

It was a cathartic outing.

7 comments:

another kind of nerd said...

Good on, you. Please tell me people shook their tail feathers at some point, because nothing is as cathartic as unabashed dancing.

kungfuramone said...

Oh yes, people were indeed shaking it like a polaroid picture. Not the before-mentioned overweight middle-aged people, though.

hardcori said...

Andre 3000 is my secret boyfriend.

hardcori said...

oh, and thanks! you have nice boobs too.

kungfuramone said...

That's what I like to hear.

Trust in Steel said...

Hey Chris,

I heard from E you took me out of your phone. Place me back into your net somewhere, BITCH! Give me a legit call.

Trust in the Steel!

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, well, that's because I was twice outsmarted by cellular phone technology and I didn't want to accidentally call you again at 6:45am! There will be further crom-tastic drinking sessions regardless!