10.31.2006

Circle the Wagons

We aren't going out tonight. About four blocks away, all of downtown Santa Cruz will be fenced in and patrolled by over 100 cops. They're up against the 25,000 people who annually show up to get wasted and party like (aging, fat) rock stars. From my perspective, there are so very few reasons (for me) to go out most of the time anyway:
  1. I'm really, really broke.
  2. My going out has absolutely no relationship with my chances of getting laid. If anything, a late night = less chance.
  3. All of my friends in Santa Cruz, since they're students, can't afford to go out either! So when we hang out, it's usually at someone's house.
This will come as no surprise to anyone, but I'm really interested in factor number 2. There's an inverse relationship between party fervor and long-term relationships. Parties exist basically to get people laid. Once party attendance no longer increases one's chances for that evening, the appeal really drops off.

Speaking of, I'd like to salute my homie Kelly for her latest blog post. I will summarize its salient themes: "I gots wine and I'm gonna GET LAID TONIGHT!" Salute, Kelly! Salute!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I got wine!

Okay, not nearly as interesting. Good luck to you, Chris. :)

Adva Ahava said...

I've got whine...

does that count?

*facepalm*

kungfuramone said...

Yessss! Nice use of "tdtf"! Everyone has been doing a great job with their choices of phrases and acronyms!