11.17.2006

Links for Breakfast

I have new blog links. Can you feel their power?!
  1. There is my history-of-religious-women-in-the-US-logic-dropping ninja assassin homie Elizabeth. Now featuring Brando.
  2. There is my speaks-French-but-does-China homie Amanda.
  3. Then there is my old, old astrophysicist (I'm not kidding) homie Evan, who is back at the south pole fiddling with giant telescopes. (Again, I'm not kidding.)
It's funny with Evan; we've known each other since we were 3, where we met in the tiny logging town of Cottage Grove, Oregon. Roughly 25 years later, we're both in PHD programs in UC schools, although I'll give "looking for evidence of dark matter" precedence over "looking for a topic in French intellectual history" any day.

Normally I'd be en route to the bus by now, but instead I'm drinking coffee in my PJs. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe I'll do my usual chunk of Beauvoir reading/note-taking at home and scoot in to campus later to, well, look for a topic in French intellectual history.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

that's awesome! So he lives in one of those pod things, huh? I had to go check out jobs in antarctica, and the only thing I'm remotely qualified to do is "dining room attendant." Go liberal arts!!

kungfuramone said...

Yes, the physicists have more job options than do we.