11.07.2006

Lie on the Floor

The image to the left was my favorite of those that popped up on google image search when I typed in "lie on the floor." I like the fact that sit-ups guy has white sneakers and is bald.

Today was a beautiful confluence of things I hate: the sun, self-doubt, exhaustion. I realized today that I have more than one serious problem (language), I have two: language and topics. I have no topic to write on. When you write about a person (i.e. Beauvoir) you're competing with everyone else who has ever written about her or him to come up with new things to say.

I called it quits at about 2:30pm and promptly hopped on the wrong bus. Apparently not all of the busses go from campus downtown; some stop down in the endless suburban wasteland off of W. Cliff Drive. So I started tromping home and called my homie Alexis to pass the time while I walked. During the conversation, I realized that my real interest in life consists mostly of lying on the floor. Deviations from lying on the floor result in irritation at a ratio equal to my distance from a comfortable lying position.

This is not self-pity; this is exasperation.

2 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

Oh dear...I guess at least you'll never get on the wrong bus again.

I'm sure a topic will present itself while you're lying on the floor. This means that lying on the floor is the same as "studying." Not that you need justification...

In any case, I hope tomorrow's at least a little better. Tomorrow has three things going for it:
1. We don't have the gender seminar because it's not Monday
2. Heart of Darkness
3. I'll give you a ride home and spare you the bus misery.

Meanwhile, there's always the floor. See you tomorrow/today.

hardcori said...

I also like to lie on the floor. especially because it usually results in Rosie coming over to investigate, which leads to her licking my face. which leads to giggling.