11.11.2006

Causality

I sympathize with people who believe in the following things:
  1. Jinxes
  2. Hexes
  3. Curses
  4. God
  5. The Old Powers that Slumber in the Dark Places Between the Stars
  6. Knocking on Wood
  7. (fucking) Angels
Because, yeah, it seems like there are causal relationships between unrelated things. Someone says "jeepers, I hope I don't get hit by a bus!" and pow! Hit by a bus! Someone prays "God, please give me some money" and pow! They get a .25 cent /hour raise at the Jiffy Lube.

I bring this up because of my experience getting home yesterday from campus: I'm just letting the gallows comedy of the Santa Cruz bus system wash over me, I'm not imputing causality to my waiting at a particular stop just long enough to get sick of it and walk home instead, only to see the bus drive past three minutes later. It's just random that it took me 1.5 hours to get home. There's no wicked spirit doing this to me, or preventing my wife from getting a job, it's just because life itself is FORTY GALLONS OF HORSESHIT IN A TWENTY GALLON BUCKET. That's all!

Anyway, in unrelated news, we watched Capote last night. I don't know, you guys. It wasn't that good. Phillip Seymour Hoffman earned his Oscar and everything, but the movie itself kind of sucked. I didn't mind too much since we were well-supplied with gin and luxury grilled cheese sandwiches, but I doubt I'll ever see it again.

Today: it's rainy. And we're going to take some out-of-towners to see the Monarch Butterflies. Then we're going to cram 6 people into our 2-person-limit apartment and I'm going to make everyone Indian food. Salute!

4 comments:

pvnam_2 said...

«««««« mini--...----spam»»»»»»
ETNIC SEPARATISM OF NATIVES
--- Don't be Idiots!!!
--- The way to go... it isn't 'lick-the-boots' to the Majority of the Europeans!
--- The way to go... it is 'make war' against the White-Parasite... i.e., the ETHNIC SEPARATISM (division of the countries):
(... before being too late...)
-1- space (50%) of Total Competition (for Globalization-Lovers);
-2- another space (50%) of Natural Reserve: for the preservation of Natives Ethnic Identity.
{ see: 50-separatism-50 }


NOTE 1: The Space of Total Competition (50%)... will be for the Europeans (the majority: i.e., White-Parasite)... that... want to be in the Parasite-Enjoy ... i.e.:
-1- they claim to enjoy immigrant servile labour at 'price of rain';
-2- they claim to enjoy the existence of persons to pay the retirement pension [ in spite of... they doesn't make a Society where exist Demographic Renewal!!! ]

NOTE 2: The Space of Natural Reserve (50%)... will be for the Europeans (a minority)... whom they intend to be in the Planet - with dignity, courage and determination - fighting for the Survival of his Ethnic Identity.

kungfuramone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cabiria said...

That message is awesome. I don't want to be in the White-Parasite space! Hopefully I can opt out.

Chrissy said...

Your spam almost made me forget what I clicked in here to say (and thats some pretty good spam, by the way. I wonder how it passed the word verification? Is there a person that takes the time to pass word verification just to post spam? I hardly have the attention span for it when I really have something to say.)

Anywho - As the Dead Milkmen would say, "Life is shit, the world is shit!" I like to listen to that song to remind myself that Im not the only person that thinks so. Plus, its the Dead Milkmen! If they dont put a smile on your face, then your face is incapable of smiling.