11.28.2006

Insomnia, Axl Rose

First of all, please take a gander at the sad, tired sack of shit to my left. It seems Axl did not get the joke and Eagles of Death Metal are no longer touring with the current iteration of Gn'R. Here's me hoping the feds crack down Axl like he was Willie Nelson. What a washed-up waste of skin.

On an unrelated note, I decided to employ my patented lie-awake-until-god-knows-when technique last night. It probably had something to do with not excercising yesterday, but then, it doesn't seem like I usually need a "reason" not to sleep. I think insomnia is proof positive that humans are a poorly-implimented product that was released without the slightest bit of quality control. Were I in a management position, I'd pull the plug on the whole project and start work on our robot replacements ASAP.

Two more days of "classes" here and then the term is over, here in the vortex of Santa Cruz, California...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't be hatin on Axl...he's just a white dude with cornrows trying to make a living in this hard, cruel world...

I love the VH1 commentary on Axl Rose's "comeback." VERY funny.

bananas said...

Why are you hating on Axl? Seems to me that the green monster lives inside of you. Be careful about who you call a sorry sack of shit...I bet Mr. Rose isn't spending endless hours all along working on his BLOG.....now that's sorry.

bananas said...

Why is everyone out there hating on Axl? How has he managed to personally hurt you? Sounds like the green monster lives inside of you...as for sorry sack of shit...do you share (blogs have got to be one of the signs of apocolypse) your puny little thoughts online because you don't have anyone real to talk to?

kungfuramone said...

Let me guess..."bananas" signed up to blogger solely to defend Axl Rose. Speaking of sorry sacks of shit...

r? said...

Honsestly, I think that you let ol' Axl off a bit to easy... Just thining about use you illusion II makes my nose start bleading.

So KFR please Hate on Axl all you want...It gets the r! seal of approval.

The Sleep Doctor said...

To continue your computer metaphor -- you need a power down period before bed. I call this a "power down hour" where you separate part one of your day from part two (the sleep part). Spend the first 1/2 of that hour doing mindless chores, and the 2nd 1/2 engaged in a pre-sleep ritual like reading something boring or light (entertainment magazines are good for this... computers/blogs are probably not), or doing stretching and breathing exercises.

Think of your body as a Windows XP machine. Tell it "Shut Down", then wait approximately 45 minutes for it to happen. : )

May take a while, but it'll happen.