11.22.2006

Crafty Girls

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but this is the snowman holding a pink bunny that Becky made over the last week or so. Please note the glittery snow crunchies, the pinkness of the lop, and the scarf. She's decided to throw craftwork (not to be confused with Kraftwerk) into high gear and start selling stuff. She's going to go on etsy.com, possibly sell stuff through local shops, and sell crafty crafts at a market with her mom next year. I support these decisions.

When she and I had been dating for a few months and all of my homies in Eugene had adopted her, Becky organized a punk rock sewing circle that was, in fact, the cutest thing that had ever been. A cadre of elite girls whipping up clothes and bags and random stuff, generally while drinking PBR. I'm glad that I still know most of those girls and that they continue to be crafty.

7 comments:

Cabiria said...

Awesome! My brother just suggested I go on etsy.com yesterday -- it looks like a good selling site. Becky should have her own crafting blog. I am often tempted to do nothing but discuss the fun of quilling versus embossing versus candlemaking on mine. Crafting rocks!

A said...

Crafy Becky Blog - vote #3! Because I was taught to be crafty as a child, but am too obsessed with academia to get back to it. Crafty Becky Blog would be a utopian escape for me!

I love the pink bunny!

Rachel said...

etsy is good - my friend Michelle that I mentioned before sells her ceramic beads on that site. Crafts are ALWAYS good. :)

Adva Ahava said...

Vote number four for a Crafty Becky Blog here! That snowman is really awesome. Also, the Co-Op is holding a craft fair at their house on Dec. 9th and are looking for artists of any kind who want to sell stuff. This is usually a big hit and brings in a lot of people. We'll talk more if you're interested.

evilcat said...

The anatomist kind of won me over to the pro craft camp when she made me
this: http://flickr.com/photos/anatomist/260730922/

Dolce Vita said...

What is this - vote number 5 for a crafty becky blog? Like Esperanza, I my craftyness has been consumed by academia (and by the needs of a four-year old). A crafty becky blog might just be inspirational!

clumsygirl said...

Very cute snowperson, with a bun no less! I am, of course, impressed with Becky's magical powers of paper mache wielding. The Etsy-route is the way to go. I was just checking out whether I should sell my extra scarves there or not. Almost everyone I know has already been given one or two. I figure I should try to make some $$ off the rest, and Etsy seems to be the way to accomplish that.