10.14.2006

Jody Foster is Dated

Last night Becky and I had a mess of good food (brie, ravioli, pears, tomatoes) and vino (chianti) and watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time in a long time. It's still a fantastic movie, obviously, but what was interesting to me was how dated the sets, clothing and technology looked. I grew up in the 90s so they don't seem outdated in my memory (with some obvious exceptions: neon, MC Hammer, house techno, hypercolor). But, like my rocking male pattern baldness, it just goes to show that I'm officially closing in on my 30s and, eventually, sweet, sweet death.

Today we're going to the UCSC arboretum, which is having a sale, then tonight (hopefully) I'll get to stop by my homie Laura's birthday gathering for a bit before our beloved Sarah-Jane and Dave join us for the evening. We're going to watch American Astronaut.

Then, tomorrow, we're going to the MOTHERFUCKIN' Half Moon Bay PUMPKIN FESTIVAL!

3 comments:

hardcori said...

Yay! American Astronaut RULES! we just watched it again the other day too.

Chrissy said...

Dude,
Balding is not always a sign of old age, my friend. My uncle James was almost completely bald by his early 20's. Also, closing in on your 30's is in no way ever old.
That said, hard work can sure make a person feel like they are aging at lightning speed.

Players stay up.

Serenaded Hourly said...

You dated Jodie Foster?!?

I thought she was a lesbean.

Also, I have to type "guktngbi" in order to post this.