10.26.2006

Transportation, part deux

The advantage of a bus so full it literally can't fit another passenger is that said bus will speed along to its destination, leaving bus stops full of beleaguered and confused would-be bus-riders. This is a disadvantage for them, but a wonderful advantage for everyone who got on at the downtown metro station.

My homie Elizabeth's husband Nick hooked me up with a free bike. It's a little banged-up, it's got some wobbly bits (hey, who among us doesn't?), but it's perfect for my purposes. I just need to get a helmet that makes me look a little less like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs and I'll be all set.

Things I don't want to do today: write another gender reaction paper. Things I'm going to do today: write another gender reaction paper.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

One of the first things visitors say coming to Vienna: "What a good public transportation system!" One of the only things visitors say coming to Vienna: "What a good public transportation system!"

At least there aren't random piles of dogcrap littering the sidewalks of Santa Cruz.

Mike B. said...

Less?!