10.10.2006

I should mention

Following a point made by this youngster right here, I thought I should mention that I really enjoy graduate school. Yes, there's a lot of poverty, yes, it's very hard work, yes, I'm bereft of the languages and the reading background and the two years my advisor spent at the Ecole Normale Superieur in Paris, but as I was sitting in the gender seminar yesterday (sounds like a really kinky nightclub) I had a little flash of contentment. I'd rather be talking about theory and reading good, hard books and (eventually) teaching than most of the alternatives. Like, say, fixing servers at 3:00am.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be offering up a sacrifice to the dark powers, the old gods from the blank spaces between the stars, and/or performing a black mass, all in hopes of getting three of my favorite girls jobs. This nonsense has gone on long enough.
  1. My wife, who is called Becky.
  2. My homie Cori.
  3. My homie E.
Oh, and thanks to timely interventions, Ana is back in the house.

2 comments:

another kind of nerd said...

Thanks for the dark forces and for Ana... Methinks I should channel David Bowie from the Labrynth...

hardcori said...

thanks for the channeling of job finding wishes. Hooters still hasn't called. *sigh* but i have an interview at Costco Clackamas tomorrow for being a bag girl! or box girl in the case of Costco. and I may be doing some secret shopper super sleuthing for the Pool Warehouse.