10.27.2006

Berkeley, CA

Today I was my homie Jeff's research assistant at the Bancroft Library at UC Berkeley. We dug through the archives and found him some nice juicy primary sources for his dissertation.

Nine of us were on our official field trip. Sadly, there was neither nap time nor juice boxes. But it was still fun.

More to the point, we had three of us (Jeff, Tweak, me) trapped in a car for something like 4.5 hours there and back. We decided to get gang jackets. Possible gang names:
  1. The Great Big Pussies.
  2. Dork Squad.
I'm leaning toward the former; we could have a unicorn insignia. We also found a great nickname for Tweak: Tweak. Because I've never seen a girl that small drink quantities of coffee that large.

On the way home I drove the wrong way. As we realized that we had to go over some gigantic bridge, Jeff suggested I ask what bridge it was. The tollbooth lady replied "San Francisco. The Bay Bridge." So we got to take a detour through San Francisco and down the coast rather than, you know, just driving home.

Now Becky and I are drinking pumpkin beer, watching Nightmare Before Christmas, and carving pumpkins. Mine looks angry. I'll put up a picture of him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

Once we get a gang name and jackets, we'll need a mascot. And then coffee mugs with the design on it. We can purchase all of this with the money we don't have. Or with our sweet, sweet intellectual currency.
NERD!

<3, Tweak

Adva Ahava said...

Also, a friend of mine who's a Bay Area local calls that section of the 80 the "Oh-Shit!" section because EVERYONE gets in the wrong lane there.