10.07.2006

Don't recall my books

First of all, if you're a college student, don't recall books from other patrons until you've exhausted other avenues, especially inter-library loan. If you go to a reasonably large state school, chances are good that you can get the books you need for as long as you need them without inconveniencing one of your fellow citizens in the community of learning (and/or just pissing off trigger-happy graduate students. I mean "trigger-happy" in the sense that I'll grumble and bitch at any moment.)

Second of all, go right now and read my homie Jeff's latest post. The phrase "your penis is the new black" comes up, in context, and it's delightful.

Said post also inspired me to put up a picture of my man Ted from Queer Eye. Ted was always my favorite of the Fab Five; down to earth, quick-witted, sympathetic, and most importantly, he was possessed of the most useful superpower: food. Since Becky and I got basic cable and have been watching a lot of Food Network, we've been surprised at how often the food people make on cooking shows looks just god-awful (I'm talking about you Emeril and Rachel Ray.) Everything Ted made, while often too difficult for stupid straight guys to make, looked absolutely delicious. He also frequently judges on Iron Chef America. Ted is in the house.

4 comments:

the goat said...

There is nothing I hated more when someone recalled a book, especially when it's a book that you know is for someone that you will have to look in the eye when you get to seminar the next week. It has happened to me twice, and both times I felt like squeezing my own head until my hands met in the middle.

Anonymous said...

this is the uc system. Get used to it. In oregon, you have plenty of books. Here too many genius brains need'n some grub

Anonymous said...

anonymous seems to have missed the point. said "genius brains" should be capable of the wider library loan system.

kungfuramone said...

Well, it *does* take one whole extra click of a button. Genius brains get tired, too.