10.30.2006

I Don't Even Turn Around

Thanks to the inimitable KungFuKitten, I now know that:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
1,604
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

More to the point, there are fully 1,556,837 people named Christopher out there (I say people because .29% of them are female.) The above explains why googling me doesn't really go anywhere. It also speaks to the fact that when someone shouts "hey! Chris!" in a crowd, I just ignore it. Eight other guys standing nearby will all turn around to see who's talking to them.

Wow; you know, the US just passed 300 million. That means that about .5% of everyone in the US is named Christopher. Dear mom: couldn't you have named me something cool, like "Hannibal Bloodcharger" or "Draco Guitarsolo"? Or at least "Spencer Moody"?

8 comments:

Cabiria said...

Funny site -- there are 14 of me, but apparently 0 of either of my roommates b/c of their "unusual last names." I live with my imaginary friends!

Rachel said...

2,940. I think the only names that could beat mine are like Amy Smith, Matt Johnson, or something like that. I need a new name. >:/

Rachel said...

My poor brother! There are almost 29,000 people named David Johnson in the US. geez.

clumsygirl said...

So, while 310,467 people in the U.S. have the first name Crystal (67% of which live in trailer parks in Florida), only 25 people have my first AND last name. Yeah for having a constantly mispelled last name!

another kind of nerd said...

While there are 1.4 million other Elizabeths out there, only 24 of them have my last name as well. Less than I suspected.

A said...

YAY! Only one me in the us!

A said...

YAY! Only one me in the us!

kungfuramone said...

Becky found out that there was only one of her before she got married. With my stupid old last name she's stuck with 663 clones...

Doh.