10.17.2006

Ninjas in our midst


I'm very excited to report that I will soon begin my ninja training. I saw through my friend Elizabeth's lies ("I train aikido," she said) and figured out what was really going on:
  1. There is a ninja temple in Santa Cruz.
  2. Elizabeth is a ninja at this temple.
She informed me that I had passed the first test: figuring out who the ninja was. I'd imagine that the second test will involve me jumping from pole to pole while people throw sharp things at me and hit me with sticks.

Side note: I just can't stop writing about Sartre and Beauvoir! It's like they're made out of candy! Or gin!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

what are you writing about them that is so utterly fascinating?

kungfuramone said...

Well, now I'm on to Beauvoir's experiences in post-liberation France as informing her political writing in Ethics of Ambiguity and everything about Second Sex.

The important thing is to have fun.

Adva Ahava said...

If you become a ninja, you will be able to defend yourself when we come after you with clubs because you finish everything early. But all the mad ninja skills in the world will never survive my talent with a smooth-bore flintlock musket. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Also, stop being so excited about your research topic. You need to maintain an air of detached interest. This whole "gin and candy" business is very unprofessional. No elbow patches for you.

Mmmm cynicism...

kungfuramone said...

This from the historical reenactment girl.

Adva Ahava said...

Cynicism and hypocrisy on my part!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!