1.13.2007

Top 5s

Inspired by Jeff's skilled list-making, here are some of my top 5s on this frigid, clear Saturday morning (sorry, California central valley citrus growers. It's a bad morning to be one of you.)

Top 5 of Bunny Ownership:
  1. Easy to litter-box train, easy to clean up after.
  2. Bunny sprints around the apartment: adorable.
  3. Bunnies have personalities. Bunnies are smarter than you think (those two count as one.)
  4. Softest...animal...ever.
  5. Fun to sit on the couch and watch movies with.
Top 5 Ongoing Difficulties I Face:
  1. The language issue.
  2. Metabolism slowing down, recovery time for hangovers slowing down even more.
  3. Compulsion to try to be friends with everyone I meet.
  4. Hate flying, don't want to have to travel for scholarship, totally have to eventually.
  5. I'm constantly horny (sorry, overshare.)
Top 5 Academic Words (or Phrases) I Like to Use in Context:
  1. Discursive.
  2. Ontological.
  3. Heuristic.
  4. Logics.
  5. Unmitigated Horseshit.
Top 5 Favorite Places in Santa Cruz:
  1. The wooded paths of UCSC.
  2. Steamer Lane and the lighthouse field overlooking it (surfers + otters.)
  3. The Poet + Patriot (Harp + Guinness.)
  4. My apartment: it's not tiny, it's CONCISE!
  5. The Bunker.
I feel like the wind sort of left my blogging sails over winter break. I'm going to try to get rev things back up again and re-deliver the blog-cargo. I will deliver more mixed metaphors than a steam train to the top of the line!

2 comments:

Kungfukitten said...

One of my favorite fortune cookie fortunes: Avoid mixed metaphors and take the bull by the hand.

hardcori said...

I totally sympathize with ongoing difficulties #3 and #5. it's rough being us you know.