1.15.2007

I Am 1,000,000,000

I am the one-billionth graduate student to sit in a bare room provided by an academic department and take careful notes on the first volume of Das Kapital. From my vantage point in history, I now create a teleology in which all of human history, and every other graduate student to have diligently and carefully read Marx, has contributed to this moment here in the Bunker on the campus of the red-headed stepchild of the UC system.

Note to my commie friends who live elsewhere: you really ought to be here. Histcon is the brain trust of the pinhead revolution of all our tomorrows.

3 comments:

noncoupable said...

I just read about 80 pages from Das Kapital for my class on modernity this week (plus communist manifesto, weber's protestant ethic, maine's ancient law, elias' culture+civilization and darwin's origin of species). We should talk tomorrow about primitive accumulation if you're around. :)

Chrissy said...

Off topic but interesting enough to mention here: I heard on the news this morning that in about 100 years, red heads will be extinct. The gene is pretty rare these days, and some day will be gone completely.

Yeah. Whoa.

Cabiria said...

Off topic some more, because based on Chrissy's news I now feel the need to go have 10 redheaded babies. How dare evolution determine that my model is being discontinued!