1.03.2007

I Love the Bunker

I'm in the new UCSC History Grad Lab: The Bunker. No windows, flourescents, currently no furniture besides some office-space style desks + the old broken Macs. I tore open the plastic wrap on our books and claimed a shelf for my detritus. I noticed a few things:
  • The Lit grad students have their grad lab next door. I will make a sign welcoming them.
  • We have an enormous blackboard in here. I will make a sign welcoming us.
  • If the department won't take care of us, we'll have to take care of ourselves. I'm thinking old comfy furniture runs and, possibly, cardboard cubicles.
Hail Satan that the holiday break is fucking done. I'm ready to get back to the grind.

1 comment:

Cabiria said...

A blackboard in a grad lounge -- that will lead to a whole mess of trouble.