1.23.2007

This Is Ridiculous

Ok: I did not get into this business to get up at 6-fucking-AM. I got into this business to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00, toodle off to campus (that's right: I said toodle), and get paid to read and teach. And drink coffee. I want to get paid to drink coffee. Either way, of the things I dislike and resent about UCSC, the prevalence of 8:00am classes is number one on the list. It's worse than the busses, man.

Also: my presentation on Marx went fine. Hooray for me.

Also: if you haven't already, you ought to click on all of the blog links I have over there to the right. Good-looking, funny people to a one. Their names are many, for they are legion.

7 comments:

noncoupable said...

I feel your pain. On the other hand, the only early morning thing I have this quarter is teaching section Friday mornings at 8am, for which I technically receive a stipend. The rest of my classes are 2pm and later, hooray! :)

Kelly said...

Friday classes, too. At my undergrad institution we were dedicated to no Friday classes. I thought the whole point of going into College level work is that you can schedule a 3 day weekend.

Rachel said...

I totally was all about the 12 hour a week schedule i supposedly have here - except my school is 2 hours away with public transport. So I teach three hours, travel four. SUCKAGE. Mondays and Thursdays - up at 4:45am. I did NOT sign up for that.

Adva Ahava said...

My 8am section last quarter was a waste of time - for my students, but more importantly, for me.

clumsygirl said...

Foo on you. I'm up at 5am, and in the 'Couv at 7am... ready to crack wise and lay down some art law. 6am seems luxurious. Hasn't there been multiple studies about how teens learn more when they sleep past 8am? I think it should be applicable to more than teenagers.

Dolce Vita said...

Pish, posh. I bet you were up to 6 AM preparing for your presentation on Marx? In which case you really have only your high standards and tendancy to overachive to blame (rather than university scheduling).
:)

Dolce Vita said...

(Ok, I'll admit I can't spell this early in the morning.)