1.24.2007

Quelquefois...

Sometimes you have to throw in the towel, get a DVD of the first season of Arrested Development, eat a dinner comprised of cheese, nan, sausage, and hummus, and drink a whole mess of cheap wine. On a Tuesday. Sometimes you have to do that.

Other times, you have to take the bus somewhere and listen to White Zombie on the way.

Still other times, you have to read hundreds of pages of world history detritus.

Finally, still other times you have to think deep thoughts about capitalism "in the current conjuncture".

P.S. I stand by my last post: 6:00am is bullshit. And to my homies who think I'm a wimp because they have to get up at 5:00am, I have two things to say: no one said that I'm not a wimp, and it's not that 6:00am isn't bullshit, it's that 5:00am is EVEN MORE bullshit. It brings back memories of my year and a half of 5:30am wake-up calls: I was constantly angry, I lifted weights, I drank beer.

2 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

You are so right!

I was just thinking about Arrested Development today - and I should throw in the towell and just rent it already. I need to spend some time with 'Bob Loblaw' and Franklin Delano Bluth (the African American ventriloquist puppet who wore a sticker reading "George Bush doesn't care about black puppets").

Hilarious!

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, it's pretty great. And it goes great with booze.