3.30.2007

A Business of Ferrets

My mom and stepdad stopped by for a few hours this afternoon. We hit West Cliff again to see if we could spot any otters closer to shore than the otters we saw on Monday. Happily, a couple fuzzy critters were there, swimming around, being adorable.

On Monday my mom had informed me that a group of otters is called a "raft." I've always loved the nomeclature associated with groups of fauna, from "a parliament of owls" to "a murder of crows," so I decided to turn to the world wide interweb to find a few more. Here are my top five new ones:
  1. A business of ferrets.
  2. A crash of rhinos.
  3. A tower of giraffes.
  4. An unkindness of ravens.
  5. A shrewdness of apes.
(All from this page.)

On an unrelated note, here's a conversation between Becky and me earlier:

C: Have I been especially infuriating lately?
B: No, you've just been completely spacey.

And she's right! This whole Spring Break (Steve Holt!) has been one big mental nap for me. Here's hoping I wake up in time to resume trying to be a grad student.

5 comments:

Elizabeth M. said...

A spacecadet of graduate students.

kungfuramone said...

Here's a really offensive one a few of my friends came up with over a few drinks: a field trip of retards.

noncoupable said...

Haha... wait that's not funny!

An army of frogs. That one's not made up though. I'm not that creative. And I'm playing space cadet too. One more day allowed!

kungfuramone said...

How about an ineffectual of Marxists?

:]

ninjahq said...

I'm favoring a smack of jellyfish.