3.25.2007

Sleeping In, Wearing a Cool Shirt

Why didn't the "what I did over my vacation" essays make it past elementary school? I think all people in all walks of life should be required to submit descriptive essays about their holiday outings, travel adventures, or weeks they spend totally baked in their apartments watching Gandhi ("Gandhi is good baked. Except that I always feel bad because I get really hungry and poor Gandhi is there starving...")

So far, I've spent this break doing a whole lot of sleeping in. I'd be a more efficient person if my circadian rhythms adjusted such that I found it easier to wake up earlier as I get older, but there's no indication that I'm experiencing that. Instead, I'm never happier sleeping than at 9:30am.

ANYWAY, the important thing is that Becky and I went hog-wild yesterday, went downtown, and I bought a COOL SHIRT:


It's a sweet vintage Levis pearl-button snap cowboy shirt. I'll be the toast of the debutante ball this Spring. I also got a bitchin' pair of mirrorshade cop sunglasses. I'll be the toast of the gay leather parade this Spring.

In other news, we had a fine time hanging out with the Shirtless Canadian and his lovely wife last night. We had curry and several bottles of wine and talked a lot. Today Becky and I are going to get library cards for purposes of book-getting, then go out for pastries at The Buttery. This is part of a sacred marital vow Becky and I took almost four years ago: I will take her out on a cake-date at least once a year and in return she'll never stop wearing glasses.

Then, tomorrow, my mom, brother, and step-dad show up to hang out for a few days. The weather promises to make a liar out of me since a big storm is supposed to be here precisely when they are (I assured them that it would 75 and sunny the whole time.) Either way, we're heading down to West Cliff to look for otters and I'm taking them on a walking tour of the Ewok village that is UCSC's campus.

For those of you in school, here's hoping that you're having a lovely time not wrangling undergrads or stressing over research papers. For those of you in the world of gainful employment, here's hoping that you're making so much money that you're able to buy a solid gold house and a rocket car.

5 comments:

Matto said...

If you were defending some academic work and wearing that shirt, I would wear my pearl-snap shirt in solidarity. In fact I'm wearing it right now.

Adva Ahava said...

Mmmhmm that shirt is pretty snazzy. Also: Buttery = awesome, and your marital vow with Becky is extremely cute. And hooray for sleeping in! I've been doing some of that myself, and it's amazing.

kungfuramone said...

I had to get up at 8 today and it pissed me off.

Trust in Steel said...

My brother and his wife decided to stay in Santa Cruz last weekend for a 'getaway' - they seemed delighted with it, as it was their first visit to SC.

Rachel said...

There were a couple of things that made me laugh in this post - Becky's glasses being one, but especially the gainfully employed making lots of money part. HA! I wish...