3.03.2007

I'll Take It



This is a picture of me and a tiny monster that likes to ride around on my back.



This is a picture of my father in-law and his plane (he built it.) I'm demonstrating the "this is the cool guy" finger-pointing technique. Please note that my father in-law is one of those guys for whom the moustache makes the man.

Everyone knows that I hate sun and I heart rain, but yesterday was so nice out that even I have to take it. I almost finished my Marx-on-IT paper at Cafe Pergolesi with my homie Laura. Then Becky, Laura and I went down to West Cliff Dr. and went otter-spotting (t-shirt idea: "I'm An Otter Spotter!") Then Becky and I spent the evening in the company of booze, food and Netflix. Basically, it was the perfect day.

Today I'm off to a conference on campus about whether interdisciplinarity is "progressive, transgressive or regressive." I'm voting for transgressive in hopes of a cabaret act of drag queens.

P.S. They freakin' found Blackbeard's ship! How metal is that?!

6 comments:

Trust in Steel said...

Pirates are one of the few groups that agree with my politics.

Elizabeth M. said...

This post qualifies, by my expert definition as "cute." Cute pics of cute kid, cute Chris, cute otters and cute announcements of pertinent news articles and daily happenings. Cute, cute, cute and cute.

kungfuramone said...

Well, in fairness, I do strive for cuteness in all of my dealings. I'm glad this one hit the mark.

Adva Ahava said...

I am delighted with both the picture of your neice and the headline "Archaeological booty says Aye."

Aye like it! Don't stab your aye out!

Ok, back to Rousseau.

clumsygirl said...

Sweet! I get to tell kids more stuff about Blackbeard. That's really why I joined this outfit... to get out the news about Blackbeard discoveries.

thetravellor said...

And the fun part of the university that's studying blackbeard's ship, is that their mascot is the pirate....