3.17.2007

I Obviously Need a Flickr Account

...but in the meantime, here are fun pics of our birthday bash in SF. We totally rocked it in the Mish (-ssion).


I'm too sexy for my 8-track.


This is our homie Tim. He owns the house with all the rad stuff pictured here. Above, he demonstrates how one goes about whipping up an omellette, if one only had some eggs.


This is the totally savory oven. I'm pretty sure Sammy Davis Jr. once made a pumpkin pie in it.


The stereo setup. We rocked out a little Herb Albert + Los Tijauana Brass.

The mantlepiece, installed in person by Hugh Hefner in 1961.


The "Mobile Maid," which may or may not function.


And, finally, our homie Sandra blowing out her sparkler candles at Cha Cha Cha, where we had dinner. They were cool with us bringing in our own cake (courtesy of my lovely wife), which was nice.

So the crazy thing is that we witnessed a very intense, very right-in-front-of-us high-speed car chase just as we were arriving at Tim's yesterday afternoon. Becky and I had just crossed the street when this maniac in a white SUV that no longer had a front right tire caming blasting past at about 60. He was driving on the wheel rim, so it smelled like burning and destruction. Then no less than 20 cop cars came flying after him while Sandra, Tim, Becky and I sat there slack-jawed, watching. It reminded me of that part in Usual Suspects where the bearded guy is working on his car when the cops come to get him and he says "you think you brought enough guys?"

Now we're back in Santa Cruz and looking forward to a St. Paddy's day of hiding out in our apartment, because we've spent far more money than we had to spend in the last two weeks. Note to friends: we'd love to see you guys over final's week and spring break, but we ain't going out to the bar.

6 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

No bar necessary - my rockin' pad is available for the price of...nothing...tomorrow night!

noncoupable said...

Speaking of which, assuming I can get some of my paper done, I will be providing TWO, yes TWO! bottles of red wine: a pinot noir and a beaujolais, neither of which is a two-buck Chuck...! So don't even bother buying anything to bring, I got you guys covered.

kungfuramone said...

You, A, are a fine human being.

Kelly said...

I'm bringing a batch of my mocha brownies that lost the baking contest b/c they were too chocolaty. I hope y'all can handle the intensity.

Rachel said...

do you remember the cover of the Tijuana Brass album with the green background and the girl with the 'whipped cream' which was probably shaving cream - or maybe it was supposed to be shaving cream? Anyway, Mike's uncle said his friend used to stare at it all the time and his mom would say, 'No matter how long or how hard you stare at that picture, the cream isn't going to go away.' Reminds me of my grandmother's old house. :)

kungfuramone said...

Hmm...Herb Albert albums as erotica, huh? As they say, different strokes for different folks.