3.20.2007

I Am the Kidney Stone Fairy

I send electronic hi-fives to my homie Chrissy, who shares my boiling, red-eyed hatred for people who scream "Wooooo!" Her man hit the street the morning after Paddy's day to scream Wooooo! in retaliation for nighttime woo-screams at the nighttime woo-screamers in their apartment building. I salute that decision, because it isn't sour grapes if it involves woo-screaming.

My standing policy, as you all know, is this: Scream woo, get a kidney stone. I don't make the rules, I just hand out kidney stones. You've been warned.

In other news, I talked to a prof today about possible research assistant stuff, reading up on anti-colonial discourse in France in the 50s and 60s from, of all places, the Catholic left. This would be right up my research-alley and would also be an interesting break from my usual existential pigeonhole. It would, of course, require me to read French faster, but I need to do that anyway.

Oh, also, I continued my 10+ year winning streak of hanging around with brilliant women by having coffee with aikido and tai chi this morning, which was great. I was reminded again that you always feel in over your head, no matter what level of the graduate gig you're at. I may as well proceed with everything without worrying about feeling like I ought to know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Political economy: it's what's for breakfast.

6 comments:

Trust in Steel said...

Matt will be very distressed he has been targeted for yelling Wooo! It's one of his favorite things to do, especially when drunk.

kungfuramone said...

Well, people from South Dakota are exempt from the woo ruling. Not people from North Dakota, though, obviously.

Elizabeth M. said...

Hey. Let's talk Catholic left in France in the 50's and 60's as you are reading. I want to know what they were up to over there in the land of the frog people.

Adva Ahava said...

The kidney stone fairy concept is frightening and somewhat twisted, but I whole-heartedly support the notion of punishment for things that go "woooo" in the night, esp. the guys who live next door.

Matto said...

Wow, I had no idea South Dakota had such great benefits, though I can see the up-side of no Wooo yelling.

H said...

So does this mean that you are going to work with the Sith? Turning to the cultural/social side of the force, young Anakin?