3.16.2007

San Franciscian

We depart shortly for SF. We've got a 28th birthday to celebrate with our homie Sandra. We've got Sandra's boyfriend's sweet pad to stay at. This is the place that he inherited from his grandparents that hasn't been updated since the 50s or early 60s; the decor and the appliances are all rat-pack era old-school and they look amazing. I'm definitely going to get pictures. "Pardon me, Tim, but I must snap a photo of your refridgerator." That kind of thing. Last time we were there, he also had a pile of amusing mainstream music publications on the coffee table (Spin, Rolling Stone, etc.), from which I learned that Andre "Ice Cold" 3000 is a big fan of The Hives, which means that I have something in common with him. Now if I could just become an uber-sexy millionaire with washboard abs, I'd be all set.

In other news, I cannot express how impressed I was with the preparation that went into last night's birthday party for homie Lauren. There were balloons! The kind that float! And streamers! And a rollicking game of pin-the-tiara-on-the-princess (which The Shirtless Canadian won, because of his ability to employ echolocation.) I drank too much wine and not enough water, but a couple of ibuprofen, dayquil, cups of coffee, and the sweet sounds of heavy metal fixed me right up this morning.

Anyway, back soon with pics.

No comments: