5.18.2008

Kids As an Ethnicity

I don't wanna sound racist or nothin', but kids? I don't want their kind moving in next door. I certainly wouldn't want one to marry my sister.

I bring this up because of the kids (a group I quickly dubbed "Those Goddamned Kids," or TGK) we shared the campground with this weekend. We arrived Friday, cracked open the first of many frosty beers to come, settled in, and went for a hike. By the time we got back, the campground was overwhelmed by little bodies containing lungs and vocal chords and the will to use them at maximum volume for hours on end. Long story short, we finagled a deal with the rangers and got moved the next day to a beautiful remote campsite completely removed from the main loop. From there, we could still hear the screams, but they were safely removed by about a quarter mile of redwoods.

Anyway, the weekend as a whole was great fun. Hikes and tide-pools, good camp food, lots of games of 20 Questions (a game that becomes slightly more difficult as the beers come and go), etc. Now we're back in SC and I really need to (groan) read a book about history. What's the deal with that?!

Pics up on my flickr site.

Everyone associated with the UC to the SC, remember to wish K luck this Wednesday for her QE. She's going to kick its ass.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Dood. Nothin' fuels the rage deep inside me like Those Goddamned Kids when they "wooooooo!" in the night. Its the only time hate crimes are acceptable.