5.14.2008

Andiamo!

Thanks for all of the kind words after the QE. The post-exam celebration at the Poet + Patriot went well and everyone seemed to have a good time. I put pictures up on my flickr site, one of which is just too pretty to pass up posting here as well. C+C Awesome Factory! Everybody drink now!

The really bewildering thing is that I still have lots of work to do this term...two more essay cycles to grade, finals to grade, several articles to read, a reaction paper to churn out, and obviously, the goddamn commodities website isn't finished yet. The advantage to scheduling one's exam for the very end of the term is definitely being able to completely collapse afterward. But alas! I must press on.

Tomorrow evening B's brother A joins us from Portland, then Friday we're off to join her dad at Butano State Park, one of the hidden gems of the California state park system, for three days of doing what we always do when we go camping with B's family:
  1. Drink beer.
  2. Eat peanuts and throw the shells into the campfire.
  3. Occasionally walk around a little bit.
I'll probably get back to work tomorrow and then dive in in earnest again next week, but today I'm still kind of just sitting around drinking coffee. And it is good.

3 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

Glad I could be there - and those pictures are PRICELESS.

Trust in Steel said...

You should enjoy a small amount of well-deserved downtime! Savor the coffee!

SuperJew said...

Congratulations Comrade!!!! And yes, you should definitely savor as much down time as you can for a bit. So what is the existential name? Is it sartre the hot dog? Simone? I didn't catch on the name tag. And by the way, I'll be back in the Cali in mid-June my friend so you will have to let me buy you an ABD drink on our next visit!