12.05.2006

Landlord like a Sub-Woofer

Our landlord, Ron, has a voice like a slammed cadi with a thumpin' sound system. He's in the apartment below us fixing something and talking to someone and it's like a stereo with the treble all the way down and the bass all the way up, or perhaps like a movie about Santa Claus at high volumes through a thick wall. WUB WUB WUB WUB WUBWUB. That kind of thing.

Becky got a temp job. It pays well and it starts tomorrow.

Having spent the last few months worrying about Becky much more than she worried about herself, I find myself in a familiar position. It seems like most of the bad, hard things I've had to deal with in the last few years leave me so enervated that when they're over I barely have the energy to feel relieved. Still, here's me hoping that it turns out to be a good gig for her.

To our friends in Oregon: our trip up for xmas is going to be fast and short. We'll be in touch, as we'd like to see everyone who'll be around the week of xmas if we can. We're making a trip up to Portland for a night and a day if at all possible.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Wonderful News!! Express my heart felt congratulations to her (and you as well).

Chrissy said...

Its the Haiku. My friend Brian Fantana would say:
"60% of the time, it works every time."

Hooray for employment!

hardcori said...

yay for becky and a job! i'm so sad i won't get to see you, i won't be here over christmas. the fam and i will be in vegas and then san diego.

A said...

Congratulations, Becky!

Rachel said...

Yay for Becky! And yay for the stress being over for now. I hope you guys have a great Christmas. My family and I will be visiting Croatia, Italy and Germany for the holidays. hehe... that was SO fun to write. :D

another kind of nerd said...

Huzzah! Re-Becky got it! Though I have to say I'm a little sorry this will cut down on her crafting time. Cause you know that woman can craft with the best of 'em. But I guess, you know, eating is fun too.

Elizabeth M. said...

Yay for jobs. I hope the first day is going well.

Cabiria said...

Go Becky! Sorry I'll miss you all at Christmas, I'll be back East, but happy to hear about the employment!

JPearre said...

Huzzah to Becky! Hey, David and I will be headed out to Eugene this Christmas, so perhaps we'll be able to catch up with you guys for a quick drink or coffee or something.