10.16.2007

Sweaters: Day 7


This little number is probably my overall favorite: the 2-dollar cream v-neck from the weird, slightly musty thrift store down by the bus station here in SC. Nothing says "broke outdated preppy" quite like this.

And so ends a thrilling week of sweaters! This means that I have to go back to coming up with actual topics, which I'm not really all that fired-up about. I've discovered that this much sweatering has brought the rain back - it is clear that I must continue to celebrate "the sweater love essence" (thanks, A) if I want it to keep raining. Thus, I will integrate future blog posts with sweater awareness and hopefully it'll keep the precipitation coming.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed sweater week. I have a student who also rocks the sweaters style with a collared shirt - all thrift store goodness. Occasionally he'll pull on a tie for good measure.

kungfuramone said...

I'm not quite man enough, and/or pretentious enough, to do the tie. It's like smoking a pipe: yes, it's rad, but I can't take myself quite *that* seriously...

Ransom said...

Oh *come now*. You know I've done a lot of tie-wearing (which the Japan trip has actually resurrected; I felt like a slob the entire time I was there), and you also know that there was very little seriousness involved.

In any case, I salute the sweater-rocking. You do an excellent job. I can also hope that you're actually pulling Oregon's rain down there and that things'll be drier here...

kungfuramone said...

Ah, but Ransom, I was thinking specifically of you when I wrote that! YOU are man enough!

Elizabeth M. said...

Thank you for sweater week. I keep forgetting to tell you that Natasha just got a hand-me-down argyle from a neighbor. We're thrilled and I thought you might be too.

Adva Ahava said...

Sweater week has been thrilling.

hardcori said...

I loved sweater week. so sad to see it come to its end. I don't know if you've heard, but Marie Claire (yeah, the magazine, i know you read tons of womens mags) had "sweater weather" as something to be excited about, along with Stephen Colbert's new book.....I am America and So Can You. oh and some kind of cookie.....marmalos or something?

Dolce Vita said...

I like this last picture because it also showed us the sweater weather - which looks delightful.

Alexis said...

Malomars HardCori. You must go to the supermarket and ask for them. You must put them in the fridge. You must eat them while you watch something on the television and see how many you eat! It is always fun to see! (They are chilled s'mores, the malomars.)