8.17.2007

I'd Like To Stop Driving Now

We're going camping. We're going to see some of the original Hope and Expect crew in picturesque Humboldt Redwoods State Park.

Here's the thing: it's a six-hour drive for them and a five-something-hour drive for us. And the Becky and I are so fucking sick of driving at this point. And we can only go for one night because we all have to work. That said, we're determined to rock out the camp food and camp beer. It'll be worth it as soon as we see their shining faces...it's just going to suck getting there and getting back. Stupid really big California.

I've been rocking a nice grouchy mood for the last few days, for the following reasons:
  • I'm back to weights in my work-out routine. They're heavy, dude.
  • On a related note, I've spent two days at work doing almost nothing but moving big, metal furniture.
  • I've reduced my coffee intake. I know, it's heresy. It's just that I found that if I skipped the second thermos-full (keeping my daily intake to one big mug before I leave and one medium thermos at work), my stomach doesn't hurt all the time. I'm sort of crestfallen about it. I feel like Keith Richards would probably feel if he gave up the drugs.*
Anyway, about 2 more hours of work and then I'm off. Good thing I listen to such good music in the car.

* Just kidding. He'd just fall over dead.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Awesome! Bob also complains about the size of the state when I want to drive and see it all while we are here. Thanks also for cluing me into the case of disappearing blogs. Its too bad.