2.16.2007

Watching the TV

Heroes: I finally got sucked in. Yes, it's fun. Yes, I like it. Yes, Hiro is the best character. What I appreciate about it is the relative lack of soap-operatics vis-à-vis other primetime science fiction/drama shows. That said, I'd like to see more frequent superpower use. NBC, you've been warned.

Lost: So far the season looks promising. I'm particularly pleased with the relative lack of bickering; the show has always been great in terms of intriguing mysteries on the island (which are explained every few episodes, which is also satisfying) but it has always SUCKED ON A BUTT in terms of boring chest-thumping and whining between the major characters. And any time that hot hunk of Scottish, Desmond, shows up is a-ok by me.

Antiques Roadshow: I'm pretty sure that the Keno twins eat babies.

CSI: I'm glad that Grissom has his big crazy mountain-man beard again. I'd like Nick to re-grow the silly cop moustache he had for one episode last season. Warreck always looks exactly the same, as do the women. I'd like to see Archie the computer guy promoted to main character status, perhaps piloting a giant robot by which to fight crime.

Iron Chef America: Mario Batali and Alton Brown are proof that there is yet hope for the human race. What I feel really bad about is Cat Cora: she always loses. It's very disappointing. I'm pleased to see that the secret ingredients are back on track: things like chocolate and tuna and so on are much more interesting than, well, peas.

Ace of Cakes: have you noticed that the cakes don't actually look very tasty? I mean, yes, they're amazing visually, but would you want to eat something made out of bent pieces of wire covered in fondant?

2 comments:

TagBagger said...

Haven't been able to get into Heroes so far, but Ugly Betty is truly AMAZING!

amarisse said...

Everything I've heard from eyewitnesses (mouth witnesses?) says that Charm City Cakes are fabulous tasting. It's not so hard to believe; there is a local grocery chain in Richmond that has "good cake" down to a fine art.

That being said, I see what you mean... it's hard to believe that biting into a Scottish cow or an exploding motorcycle engine is going to produce yummy taste bud action. :)