2.19.2007

It's, Like, A Million Degrees Out

Take a beachfront community, add a federal holiday, throw in some cloudless blue skies and 70-something degree temps in FEBRUARY, and you'll end up with crowds. We went for a walk to watch the surfers; they still look like bugs, floating out in the bay waiting for the waves to come in.

I've spent all day being really, deeply frustrated with my stupid coffee website. It isn't hard to write, it isn't hard to read about, it's just mind-bendingly boring. During the walk, I realized that I'm going about it all wrong: instead of sitting at my desk, mad, I'm going to sit at the couch, happy, because I now have a nice big G+T. So equipped, I'll continue my site design and my essay writing. At least until Antiques Roadshow comes on.

If you're really bored, here's the current version of the totally-unfinished site. It's missing little things like more than half of the text and all of the citations. And proof-reading. And, you know, accuracy.

11 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

I like "brown" theme. Very hip.

Coffee isn't just a beverage. It's a concept.

Dolce Vita said...

Your weather sucks!!!

You and E are in some sort of conspiracy, right?

kungfuramone said...

Yes'm. I mean, I don't want your cold, but I do want your precipitation. Everywhere I go, the rain avoids me...

noncoupable said...

Nice color choice. Two small suggestions, just in case you're looking for those: I would somehow make the links on the first page more prominent (the ones that link to your text--I couldn't "find" your essay at a first glance ;)). Also, text spacing is really important or it makes it hard to read things online... like spacing in between lines and number of words per line. I forget the standard... but surely someone like Jakob Nielsen has that online. My friend (www.clioweb.org) is a bit of a design whore and probably has all this stuff linked from that blog of his.

A said...

looking good!

Matto said...

Nice pic of the G and T, inspiring.

Alexis said...

" A major debate quickly emerged in the Ottoman Empire as to whether coffee was “intoxicating,” since the Koran forbid “xxx.” "

I know. It's so frustrating... my company forbid "xxx" and data entry makes me want it so bad. Oh, but not coffee... that's free.

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, maybe I'll just pull a fast one and make it into the history of hot sex in the Ottoman Empire.

hardcori said...

Oooooh! pretty pictures! me like.

Rachel said...

"Some historians have noted that most Europeans were always at least slightly intoxicated as a result."

Nice.

Chrissy said...

Im trying not to explode from jealousy. I need sun, 70 degree weather and the ocean. Badly.