2.14.2007

An Excuse for Chianti...and Bacon

Happy Valetine's Day, all. Despite my complete agreement with people like C that there is indeed a relationship between the "heteronormative script" and violence, I still think Valentine's Day can be really nice if you're lucky enough to be in one of those non-violent, mutually-supportive, hi-fives-and-hot-sex kind of relationships: hetero, homo, or whatever else you can come up with. Our plans for the evening involve some Tanqueray, some Chianti, and these crazy pork-chops-wrapped-in-bacon things we picked up at Trader Joe's.

More importantly, BECKY'S CRAFT BLOG IS NOW LIVE! Having secured the part-time job of a lifetime, she'll be spending the other part of her time making craftie things to sell on the interweb and putting pictures of them up in the meantime.

Um...besides that, I got some sleep last night. That was nice. Then today I got the watch battery replaced in my dad's old watch. I like that I have three permanent things I inherited from my dad that I plan to have with me for the rest of my run on this dumpy little rock: the hat, the late-60s Yale lettermen jacket (which I wear both to confuse people and because it's a rad jacket), and now the watch.

Anyway, remember: just because it's a made-up Hallmark holiday doesn't mean it can't be fun.

3 comments:

Cabiria said...

So glad to have Crafty Becky officially online! And any day with wine and (nonviolent) loved ones is a good day.

Kelly said...

I love high-fives-and-hot-sex. I'm so stealing that line.

Luke nearly went into a food coma when I told him that you guys were eathing bacon wrapped pork chops.

Rachel said...

speaking of yummy bacon, I think one of the funniest things I've seen here in terms of food is fried bacon fat. Yes - FRIED bacon fat. Enjoy your yummy foodies!