9.23.2006

Sweatpants and whiskey equivalent

My friend and ally E brings our attention to sweatpants this morning. She defends their utility and their comfort, but then concedes that the combination of sweatpants and whiskey may indicate a certain...defeatism, shall we say. She invites us to find our own equivalent.

My equivalent is definitely red wine and video games. Becky and I were talking the other day about how much we (especially I) like stuffing at thanksgiving, and then I came up with the bright idea that sometime I could just have a plate full of stuffing with a bottle of wine for dinner. Throw in a few hours playing Civilization and I'm all set.

Good luck getting a job, Elizabeth. It always sucks, so don't take the sucking as in any way exceptional or unexpected.

2 comments:

another kind of nerd said...

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. As to your own equivalent... I would gladly eat a plate of stuffing and drink a bottle of wine with you. mmmm, stuffing.

Rachel said...

lots of expensive chocolate, merlot and a novel in front of a fireplace. Perhaps the search will become easier when all the students go back to school? Good luck!