9.16.2006

Onwards to (free) commercial hosting!


It's 9:42am; do you know where your years-and-years of blogging is? 'tis unavailable, because my homie Brian's server is down. He and his lady Crystal have just moved into their new pad in P-town, and Brian had to transport the servers that live in his basement last night. For years, an elite cadre of kids have hosted their websites and e-mail addresses on the boxes in Brian's bunker, but as Brian's interest in maintaing a cheap-as-free web- and e-mail-hosting service has waned, so have the numbers of people that have maintained their stuff there. Brian, frankly, has better things to do (like have a job, and build awesome scientific ways to cool and distribute beer over wireless networks).

Thusly, it is with a somewhat heavy heart that I join the ranks of WYSIWYG web users. All of my vaunted cutting-edge (circa 1997) HTML skills are going out the window, and now I'm just tapping away in a little box that figures it all out for me. I'm going to see if I can upload my existing blog, but I'm sort of skeptical...

Remember, lists:
  • Rabbits
  • Linux
  • Graduate school
  • French
  • Nerdiness
  • Cheap red wine
  • Pastoral Santa Cruz, California

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It's so sad! You were the only one not on blogspot yet (of us, admittedly small group we are, former UO'ers)... at least it's not MySpace...

clumsygirl said...

bwa, ha, ha... soon you'll be wearing your hat sideways, drinking heineken and "ul b spelln like the kidz these dayz."

commercial blogging claims another victim.

kungfuramone said...

Yes, it's true. I feel far less 3l33t than I used to be.

Anonymous said...

the main plus I'm excited about is finally being able to COMMENT. you deserve a peanut gallery ;)