9.21.2006

Heroes of the morning


Big ups to my homie KungFuKitten, who links us to this fantastic video, proving again that Weird Al is completely awesome. Every generation of 11-year olds discovers Weird Al anew. He's an industry. Weird Al, you're a hero of the morning.

Hero of the morning number two is Deb from Napoleon Dynamite. We watched it again last night; I had completely forgotten how funny it is. I'm not sure why I'm so sure Deb is the true hero, but I think it has to do with her stainless ethical track record and her innate ambition.


Pesto and the cat next door have become aware of one another, separated as they are by a mere sliding glass door. At first, Pesto was terrified and the cat was aggressive. Over the last week, however, Pesto has realized that the cat can't get in, and now she's poking her little nose up to the door and pissing the cat off until it runs away, frustrated and confused. Good girl, Pesto.

It should be noted that the cat does come back, the very next day.

Sorry about that.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Favorite Weird Al interview quote

Interviewer: "Why did you write Like A Surgeon?"

Weird Al: "Because I wanted to buy a house. It worked. I bought a house."

Kungfukitten said...

Was it you that likened your life to that song? I know one of my friends did but for the life of me I can't find that entry on their blogs so I can tell them directly about the video. It's driving me crazy. I was on D-land until 2:00am looking for them. Argh. Cute video though.

kungfuramone said...

Nope, it wasn't me (that brought it to KFK's attention and/or likened it to my life.) But I relate, except for the *wanting* to hang out with gangsters.