8.03.2008

Another Big Sunday in Paradise


This is all over the interwebs right now...apparently a restaurant in Beijing ran their name through an online translator for the games and put up the resulting translation on their sign.

Homies SJ and D are visiting for the weekend. We took in the bright lights of the arcade on the boardwalk last night and had drinks at a weird funky diner on the wharf (the waitress seemed really excited that she didn't have to serve us food, just help us get drunk.) Now I understand that the ladies are planning on making some kind of savory scones and/or scrambled eggs, using technology.

Two weeks from yesterday until I leave for France for 4.5 months. I got my weird little international SIM chip in the mail for my phone, meaning I'll be semi-reachable via a UK phone number during that time. When I land at Charles de Gaulle, I need to text message my new landlord, meaning I have to figure out how to text message some time before I go...

The blogosphere is still very, very quiet these days.

2 comments:

noncoupable said...

Why don't you buy a virgin card when you get there? Shoot, should have given you mine before I left, with my French phone number...

PS Buy a Euro card to call your landlord. about 7.5 euros and lasts a long time with land lines. You can buy them in any tabac or relay (like a convenience store) even in the airport.

noncoupable said...

virgin mobile that is... can recharge on the internet.