8.21.2008

Creepy Statue and Some Good News


This is, I'm sure, one of the creepier statues on the planet. It's at the Jardin des Plantes on the left bank of the Seine. I was delighted to have chanced upon it on one of my long romantic walks by myself.

So just a few things to note today: my landlord confirmed that I can stay in this apartment for almost all of my stay in Paris; I just have to clear out for a few days in October. That will give me a great chance to pretend I'm 20 and stay at a hostel (maybe I can find some Australians to drink with! Just like old times!) More importantly, it means I can really settle in here, which is good, and that I get to stay in a place which is about 25 minutes away from 90% of the stuff I want/need to do, which is great.

On an unrelated note, there was a big French Communist Party rally at the Bastille today. I would have stopped to hang out, but I had to go to work.

(Ooooh, snap!)

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I want to say something witty about the statue but I just can't stop laughing.

Dolce Vita said...

What a capitalist you are.

That is great news about your apartment! (Will you have it through B's visit too? 'Cause you have to be centrally located when she arrives so she can see everything.)

Nick Mullins said...

Is that Bacchus having his way with angel? Is this a Pagan revenge fantasy? Though it seems to be consensual, taking into consideration what seems to be holding up the angel's bit of cloak.