6.23.2008

Hat Week: Part 5


I was getting pretty sick of looking at pictures of myself, so I asked Jean-Paul if he would be kind enough to model today's selection.

Hat number five is my trusty old battered PBR cap. I've known for a long time that I need to wear hats; when you're a bald / shaved-head guy (I'm a combination), your scalp gets burned and some people think you're a skinhead. Hats help prevent both things from happening. The problem is, it took me a long time to find the right ones; the above is an early partially successful attempt. The hat itself is a Nike ballcap; B sewed the patch over the swoosh. Once I stopped drinking as much cheap beer and switched to cheap wine, I found myself wearing it less and less often.

Hat reason for the day: hats keep sun off of your head! We're not getting any younger. If we still want to be smoking hot at 40 and beyond, we need to keep our skin from getting leathery and dried-out like Clint Eastwood. Hats can be part of that.

P.S. The anniversary weekend was great fun. I put pictures up on my flickr site, now featuring donkey lovin'. Also, as an aside, I have a place to live in Paris for the first 2.5 months; I'm back on the street as of October 26, but at least I'll have a place to go when I get off the plane in August.

No comments: