6.28.2008

Cool, Scary, Nice


New shoes and a Lonely Planet guide to Paris. These should be my final pre-Parisian purchases for the trip. Think I can pull off white sneakers with orange stripes? Tune in to find out!


The kind of creepshow old target range thing at the SC boardwalk arcade. It turns out that the targets are light-operated, so when B took the picture and the camera flashed, the whole joint went apeshit.


My oldest friend in the world, E, and his lovely wife, H, came to visit for the day. We met up with his cousin who lives in town and we took in some of the sights and some grub. We also played some serious air hockey at the arcade.

2 comments:

Ransom said...

That might be exactly the same as the shooting gallery at Pier 39. I guess it says something about just how remarkably weird those things are that it rang such a bell when I haven't been to Pier 39 in 25 years...

kungfuramone said...

It contributes to my theory that all beach boardwalk arcades are equally bizarre, anachronistic, and dirty. After I played air hockey, I'm pretty sure I had AIDS all over my hands.