3.09.2008

A Brief Report

Barrel tasting was a lot of fun, as expected. I posted a buttload of pictures to my flickr site. Highlights and observations:
  1. We totally saw Kari from Mythbusters at the pizza joint we went to in San Francisco on Friday night. I was surprised to discover that she really is that pretty in real life.
  2. My palette is so utterly unsophisticated. Anything north of 6 dollars a bottle is pretty much wasted on me, a fact that didn't prevent me from thoroughly enjoying the pinots, zins, and cabs we tried at the seven or eight wineries we managed to hit on Saturday.
  3. My homie D taught me how to play Guitar Hero. I did better on my first try than on tries two through five.
  4. The movie Hitman is exactly what you'd expect.* It was, however, great fun to see the guy who plays Bullock from Deadwood kill the guy who plays Desmond from Lost. Media cross-pollination, yes?
  5. California is too fucking big. It takes a long time to get around, even within the "greater bay area."
  6. Daylight savings is at least as dumb as trickle-down economics.
We were all pretty exhausted by this morning, but it was the happy post-rocking out kind of exhausted.

* As in, not very good.

7 comments:

Leah said...

I feel your pain with numbers 5 and 6!

kungfuramone said...

Yeah...I think we all hate daylight savings time.

Adam said...

I know I do. I got up at 6:30 (5:30) to go to Portland just to find out that the trip was canceled I hate hate hate daylight savings time. There is something kind of 1984 about it, "no no it is one hour later than you thought it was" so says the government.

ninjahq said...

*BEWARE - RANT AHEAD*

Did you tell Kari that she sucks balls on Mythbusters and totally brings down the show and they never should have let Scottie go??? I mean, for the love of god, read her bio!!

kungfuramone said...

Wait wait wait...they fired Scottie? I thought she quit!

And Kari's status on mythbusters is very straightforward: eye candy what can sculpt things. I don't think they really try to claim otherwise.

ninjahq said...

I say "let go" like let her get away. Supposedly her own endeavors reduced the amount of time that she was available for Mythbusters, but B & I's pet theory is that she and Adam mixed business with pleasure and things ended awkwardly. But that's just us :)

As for Kari, she is straight up, fingernails on the chalkboard, a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g. I seriously wanted to punch myself in the face during the recording sound into pottery episode where she was screaming. I loved that Tory said, "Now I know what it would be like to be married to you". Heehee <3 Tory.

Ransom said...

I don't love (read: 'do hate') the jumping back and forth, but I love having the additional hour of light when I can use it. It does nothing for my projects or my sanity to get up, go to work, get off work and it's night for months and months. If we ever end DST, please let us be permanently on the DST schedule. I'm really not certain that enough of the population farms any more to make it necessary to push dawn forward every Fall.