3.07.2008

Austerity Measures be Damned!

Last night was a second-V-Tine's Day celebration for B and I, courtesy of the 30 bucks my mom sent us to do something fun with. "Something fun with" clearly translates in our minds to "sushi," so we rolled out to the Sushi Garden and had three rolls, a gyoza appetizer, and a great big frosty Sapporo. Then we came home and drank vino and watched the last episode of America's Next Top Model, which we had taped.*

Next on the agenda: a weekend in Sonoma with our lovely friends S and SJ + D for barrel tasting. This is the scenario in which you pay a fee and then have about six hours to hit every winery you can get to and sample their samples straight from the barrel! We decided to invent winery terms to discuss the new vintages. Something like:
  • "Ah, the butt on this wine is nice and rumpy!"
  • "I'm not sure the dingus on this one is quite tight enough..."
  • "A pleasingly sharp and zippy nipple on this particular vintage!"
And so on.

Anyway, pictures to follow. Everyone have a super dope weekend.

* We totally still tape stuff on the VCR. Jet-age technology!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I love your winery terms! I hope I can remember at least one when I visit a vinyard someday.