12.15.2007

Yuletide Desire to Lie on the Floor

Before I spend more time complaining to the internet, I must alert you to this extraordinary list of terrible band names compiled by the Onion AV Club. There were a good half-dozen band names that made me laugh out loud, really hard. Foremost among them was "Count Dracula's Weed Smuggling Jam Engine." That is the best name ever ("Those Fucking Unicorns" is probably a close second.)

On to complaining. I just don't wanna:
  • Read any more books.
  • Study Italian grammar for my second language exam.
  • Read any more books.
  • Worry about the UC Paris program and its nonexistent grad TA application, worry about my QEs, worry about my shaky dissertation topic idea(s).
  • Read anything not written in crayon on a piece of construction paper by a five year-old. Let alone more books.
On the plus side, TJ's is still selling delicious Full Sail seasonal ale (Wassail - it's highly recommended by such booze experts as me). And B is in the other room making adorable bunnies, which is cute.

It's just...I've hit that point at which it's physically painful to pick up a book. Even if it's a relatively straightforward 200-300 pager with a discernible argument that I could skim and take notes on in an hour or two, it kills me to do it. I basically want to sit on the couch and play Yoshi's Island and pet Pesto. Is that so wrong?!

On an unrelated note, I was talking with K last night about the whole Picasa vs. Flickr thing that's happened recently (i.e. having to choose one), and I discovered that Google has already created a picasa album for me containing every picture I've ever posted to my blog. I especially like the inclusion of the ripped abs shot right in the middle.

(P.S. I'm sticking with flickr; I like the interface more. But I also like the existence of a bunch of weird pictures in juxtaposition that exist because Google says they do.)

3 comments:

noncoupable said...

Nothing wrong with being burnt out. I on the other hand want to read books, listen to music, and watch TV without any Chinese for the next two weeks. Actually that is also sort of a lie. I would just like to sleep, eat, listen to music, watch TV, and nap. Then repeat.

kungfuramone said...

I really, really think you should do just that. I'd be a big pile of pudding after studying Chinese (or even, like, pig latin) for three months.

Chrissy said...

Is it sort-of the same thing that I only want to eat chocolate lately? Im constantly having to remind myself to eat things that arent chocolate - like, you know, regular meals and stuff.