12.29.2007

On We Go


For a good time combine:
  1. A chilly, rainy town.
  2. Lots of red wine.
  3. Pizzas and other tasty stuff.
  4. Good-lookin' kids.
The last 24 hours have been great. I had lunch with some of the extended family, hooked up yet more electronics for my mom and stepdad, then had dinner and vino and games with an elite cadre of fun kids. This morning my mom and I went for one of our patented long walks and I was again reminded of how lucky I was to grow up in a town full of trees and paths and moss instead of strip malls and parking lots.

2 comments:

pulpshopgirl said...

Apples to Apples is pretty much my new favorite game. So simple yet hillarious. It probably helps that iit was the first game I've managed to win in a long time. Your holiday sounds delightful. Go Eugene!

kungfuramone said...

Yeah, it's great. What I like is that you can't win through skill *or* luck, so I can't get all hopped up on competition. For once.