12.20.2007

Bunnies at Xmas

B discovered the SC Rabbit Haven shortly after we moved here. They take care of abused/abandoned bunnies and get them adopted. Despite the ongoing financial predicaments of a grad student/part-time state university employee household in one of the most expensive towns in the US, we donated 30 bucks to them as our official holiday charity. The bunny picture is of one of their new ones who was abused so badly her teeth were knocked out. She looks almost exactly like Pesto. People who hurt animals make me wish I was wrong about hell not existing.

Our pro-bunny agenda has to do with the following:
  • Litter-box trained!
  • Never get sick!
  • Cost next to nothing to own!
  • So fuzzy you can barely handle it!
  • They like to watch movies on the couch!
  • Bunny sprints around the apartment are friggin' adorable!
In non-bunny news, I went out yesterday after a fun-filled lunch with the M clan, featuring a girl her mom calls "Doodle", and bought a bunch of booze. Last night I made my first few lemon drops, which were quite successful. * For Saturday morning, we're having bellinis, but with mango instead of peach: chilled Prosecco and mango juice, much tastier than a mimosa.

These supplies will be essential once B's brother A arrives tomorrow evening. In the meantime, I have two more books to try to get through, and in doing so I must try to resist the siren call of a certain addictive video game.

* Naturally, I would never drink a drink so girly as a lemon drop. I just had to have one as an experiment. In the name of science.

3 comments:

clumsygirl said...

Bunnies certainly are cute. However, I do not believe they can compete with the expansive belly region of TheBug.

kungfuramone said...

No, The Bug is about six bunnies big, by my count. Unless you're talking about one of those super-huge crazy bunnies. I'm talking about lops.

Matto said...

I too have recently experimented with the lemon drop. Quite good, and better yet, it warrants a PBR after in order to tip the scales back to gender neutral drinks.