4.07.2010

Sunglasses and other Essentials


That's a shot of me, my nephew K, and our homie D at the baby shower the other weekend in Novato.

If I could time-travel, I'd skip the usual visits with dinosaurs, Abe Lincoln, or even Sherilyn Fenn c. 1990 and instead go back to visit younger me and tell him to get a few essentials sorted out early. Only now, at 31, do I really understand that you can't get through life without a few things:
  1. A good pair of shades.
  2. A cool leather jacket.
  3. At least two good hats.
  4. A laptop.
  5. A decent watch.
  6. Slip-on Vans.
Also, you've got to know, definitively, what size jeans you wear and what colors you look good in (32/32, browns and grays, definitely not red.) After you've got that figured out, you can proceed with the rest of your life.

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

And I love you very much.

Dolce Vita said...

Look at all this great advice you have to offer a young kid - like your own!