7.22.2008

I Am The Boringist!

Good GOD. I cannot think of a single thing to write about anymore. Looking back at when I started using blogger, I was wailing out posts by the day! And some of them were vaguely interesting!

So here's a list. It's all I've got.
  • I found this outstanding spoken French podcast site. The podcasts are available for free on iTunes. They're made by a friendly gang of Irish French instructors and their native-speaker henchmen. They manage to hit a great balance between clear explanations (usually in English, sometimes in French) and grammar review without dumbing down the language. People wanting to absorb a bunch of spoken French are directed hither.
  • I'm going to see mothergrabbin' Batman tonight with homies L and K. From all the media reports, it sounds like Heath Ledger did a great time killing himself just as he was about to become a really important actor.
  • I've only got a few more weeks here in the states. I've decided the sensible approach is to just assume that I have to get on the plane tomorrow, and then find it surprising when I wake up and I don't have to. We're heading up to B's folks' place this weekend for a going-away dinner for me, courtesy of her dad. On the menu: Thanksgiving. Hell yes.
  • I'm finishing up editing my MA paper from last year to submit to a impossibly prestigious journal. As one of my cadre of enlightened old men reminded me when last we spoke about submitting articles, the worst they can do is say no....
  • Summer's halfway finished! Ha ha!
  • I have had a sty in my eye since last December. I am finally going in to see an ophthalmologist* on Friday. With any luck, he will simply take a very sharp knife and cut the damn thing open and be done with it. If you ever have a sty and some idiot in a clinic tells you to "apply hot compresses" to it, tell them they're full of shit and ask for a referral.
Maybe something interesting will happen in the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

* Try to spell this correctly on your first try. If you succeed, you're probably qualified to run things for the UN.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

1. You are not boring.
2. Constant interesting blog posts never happen to anyone. Ever.
C. I even like your boring posts.

The end.

Alexis said...

I agree. with above.