4.20.2008

Top 100 Countdown


Tweak took this in the bunker the other day. I can pretty much intuit what books are going to be about at this point.*

So, B and I have a time-honored tradition that we were lucky enough to indulge in yesterday: we go someplace cheap for a 1 - 3 day fake vacation and we watch a VH1 Top 100 countdown of something while drinking beer. We don't plan the Top 100 countdowns; things just line up right for us once in a while. The first time we did it, we watched all 100 of VH1's top heavy metal bands of all time (Motorhead came in 16th, which was a scandalous injustice.) This weekend we managed to catch the Top 100 Songs of the 80s!** And it was rad! I...I never knew that Flight of Seagull's "I Ran" was so good. I just didn't know!

It was really nice to go someplace quiet for 24 hours. We're back in SC now, listening to the gentle burble of some idiotic 420-themed hip hop concert happening somewhere downtown. I wonder how far I could chuck a bottle from my roof....

* I can also Inuit how many seals are going to be on an iceberg. I can also into-fit tight shirts.
** Livin' on a Prayer totally won. Which I'm actually okay with.

5 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

Intuit! Inuit! OMG. You made a pun! I'M SO PROUD!!

Adva Ahava said...

One more thing: You punned and I'm totally INTO IT! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA....ha...ha...

kungfuramone said...

Sigh.

noncoupable said...

You want to know what sucks the most about Taiwan some days? Even on the other side of the world, my neighbors are two UC students in their early 20s who like to play that crap music every night (for example, RIGHT NOW) until at least 1AM forcing me to wear earplugs in order to sleep.

(I kid you not: these two moved in about a month and a half after I did. Oh! I just heard one of them shout "boo yah!")

kungfuramone said...

Mwah ha ha ha! "Boo ya!" That's so 1992!