4.26.2008

Activate the Party Machine

...that was a made up blog subject title line. At the moment, I am bereft a party machine that I might activate.

Things I need to do (in some cases, things I need to do more of):
  • Get a French Visa (tres involved!)
  • Sort out that housing scene. It looks like I may well be spending my time over there living with an older French Moroccan gentleman in the 20th arrondisement. More on that if it works out...
  • Take more pictures. My flickr site has tumbleweeds and we all know how boring these text-heavy blog(gers) are.
  • Actually do something that looks like preparing for my QE. I've been too busy with world history nonsense to be much aware that I have a pivotal exam in two weeks.
  • Receive a large cash gift of some kind. I mean, hopefully, somehow.
  • Having finished the latest stack of 60 essays, grade the 60 midterms coming in on Wednesday.
  • Practice restraint.
  • Develop miraculous elixir that melts worry away into Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin B-12
Lately my best moments have been those little ten-minute periods when I get to sit on a couch alone and listen to tunes on my headphones while staring out the window. As one gets older, one is resigned to the simple pleasures.

5 comments:

SuperJew said...

Two things my friend: Having just completed the switch out grading this week (trade back the 45 essays I'd graded for 45 new finals to grade) I've pushed for the Fordist style finals grading where you look for keywords check em' off, and can magically do a 6-minute jobby on each. Remember...you don't have to write comments on finals as they likely won't pick them up. Secondly, I'm all about the simple pleasures as we age. Mine have been walking around looking at the tulips coming up. So pretty...

Matto said...

And those simple pleasures are so much cheaper, normally.

Dolce Vita said...

If you figure any of those out, you'll have to share your discoveries.

As for simple pleasures, check out E and the Rambler's photos. They're delightful (at least to me who appreciates those parts of the world that aren't paved and manicured).

kungfuramone said...

Totally, dude. I think SC is about as far south as you can go in Cali before it's basically just a big parking lot, punctuated by strip malls.

noncoupable said...

Kind of like Craig's List in France:

http://www.vivastreet.fr/

Per a friend of mine from Vichy.